This has been a whirlwind month. First I got hit with a deadline, then my laptop ate my homework, and then I ran straight into another deadline. But mainly I’ve been so busy publishing 4 patterns on Ravelry that I didn’t get round to writing about them! And, em, I also bought a new iMac upon which I am now writing this post.
I’ve just finished my first “proper” sample for a pattern I wrote. My plan was not to get too stressed by the fact it’s a “proper” sample to be photographed to go on my pattern and therefore needs to look “perfect”. I just tried to knit it as if it was a present for a friend; my best work but without tying myself in knitterly knots. I chose something small. It’s a headband. It’s the sort of thing I “should” be able to knit in an evening. You can probably tell by the quantity of inverted commas I’ve used already that my plan turned out to be more of a “plan”.